The CAMS Institute's Code of Ethics
All members of the CAMS Institute must conform to these code of ethics.
- Members shall practice their profession only within the boundaries as set forth in the definition of such and for which they have had proper training.
- Members shall keep accurate and up-to-date records regarding a client’s condition before and after a treatment.
- Members shall obtain an overview or profile of the client’s state of being and health history and discuss with the client any problem areas that may contra-indicate any treatment. In cases where treatment may be or is contra-indicated, members shall acknowledge their limitations and refer the client to the appropriate health professional.
- Members shall pay very strict attention to cleanliness of the environment of the treatment area including all linens, personal clothing and body and mind.
- In the interest of a professional session, members shall provide a relaxing atmosphere for the client; including cleanliness, a peaceful atmosphere, attention to scheduling, proper warmth of the room and most importantly sensitive attention and
response to the clients comfort zones.
- Members shall maintain a clear and honest relationship with their clients and shall keep all clients’ communications, whether medical or personal strictly confidential.
- Members shall abide by all laws which pertain to their work as a therapist.
- Members will in no way instigate or tolerate any kind of sexual advance while acting in the capacity of therapist.
- Members shall recognise and respect the rights of all other ethical practitioners and will co-operate with all health professionals in a friendly and professional manner.